MRI room Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
Has amyone had experience with MRI Room lighting requirements? I as told that the lighting in the MRI room needed to be DCv lighting because the MRI equipment will interfere with 120 or 277 lighting. I should receive more information this week on requirements but wondering if anyone had experience this type set up. I am assuming the lighting will be an inverter that is powered with 120 or 277 remotely then wired to lighting fixture. I am not sure which is why I am trying to get informed.Thanks for any help.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Again, you need to get your information from the manufacturer and installers of the machine who designed the room.

All we have gathered from previous posts is it's LED and DC powered. One other guy had a problem with it flickering. He never got back as to the cause or the outcome.

-Hal

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Has amyone had experience with MRI Room lighting requirements? I as told that the lighting in the MRI room needed to be DCv lighting because the MRI equipment will interfere with 120 or 277 lighting.
Most require DC however, the last Phillips unit I was involved with required 130V AC, so as stated, until you see the manufacturers details you won't know.

Roger

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician

I guess my question should have said who has experience installing DC lighting inside the MRI room. I learned that all electrical going into room goes thru a specifically designed hatch plate made of copper or stainless with a type of surge protector as it enters the room. I also noticed that they used SO cord from power cabinet into the MRI room. I just found it interesting after I visit the customers business to gather information of equipment. We will have the manufacture rep onsite next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.