LED lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED lighting

We have some led strip lights at bottom of a wall. The wall is about 4'' from floor. The led strips will be install on surface of under wall. I have installed a few led strip with drivers before but never as elaborate as this building. The drivers for these strips are to be remote some up to 150' I am guessing I would need to run wire from driver to led strip. My plan is to install a jbox in cove to wire led strip. Is there anything I should be aware of wiring the led strip under wall?

If You guys cans share your experience with LED strip lights. The strip lights i mention are the kind you see under cabinet or store front accent around window.

Waterproofing, depending on the environment.
    Master Electrician
    Electrical Contractor
    Richmond, VA

Comment

Voltage drop...
      150' away is a lot.
      I would use 24-volt tape or 110v tape if you can.

If this is only for toe-kick lighting, I would not use anything very bright and it will help with the voltage drop.

Reflection...
      What type of floor are they going to have? I would try and mount the lights on the side and not straight down. A frosted cover will help too. If it is going to be a highly reflective surface, you will see everything under the wall (wood, drywall, holes &, etc.).

https://www.diodeled.com/blaze-basic...ape-light.html

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cburke1111 View Post
        Voltage drop...
        150' away is a lot.
        I would use 24-volt tape or 110v tape if you can.

If this is only for toe-kick lighting, I would not use anything very bright and it will help with the voltage drop.

Reflection...
        What type of floor are they going to have? I would try and mount the lights on the side and not straight down. A frosted cover will help too. If it is going to be a highly reflective surface, you will see everything under the wall (wood, drywall, holes &, etc.).

https://www.diodeled.com/blaze-basic...ape-light.html

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for info.

Comment

Working...
        X