Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truly wireless 3 way switch

Need help!

I need to get 3 way switching in a location that it's totally impossible to run wires between switches.

What I currently have is an existing switch location at the top of the steps with a hot, and neutral in the box and a 2 conductor NM cable to the fixture.
    Im looking for a product that will enable me to make this a 3 way set up with a remote switch added at the stairs bottom.

I do not need any dimming or other "smart home" features in this.

Just basic on/off , as if it were a conventional hard wired 3 way.

Any recommendation on a product that will do this??

Everything I've found so far has features that are not needed nor wanted in this particular install.

Thanks much!

Pico switch.
    If Billy Idol is on your playlist go reevaluate your life.

Comment

Yes a Pico switch along with a Lutron RF switch. You can get this in just an on/off, no dimmer. The Casetta (also Lutron) also has this type with just on/off.
      You would need the RF switch, a Pico remote switch, and a wall bracket for the Pico.
      If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time!

Comment

Originally posted by ActionDave View Post
        Pico switch.
        Does that work with the Caseta switch?

Comment

Originally posted by nizak View Post

Does that work with the Caseta switch?
          Yes, see my post #3

Comment

Originally posted by Little Bill View Post

Yes, see my post #3
            Thanks to all!

Comment

Originally posted by nizak View Post

Thanks to all!
              You may can find these locally, especially at the Big Box stores. But if not, go to www.1000bulbs.com and do a search for "Lutron RF switch", " PICO remote", and "Pico wall bracket" or even Amazon.com
              You can put the Pico in a box and not need the bracket. The bracket is for mounting the Pico directly to the wall. Then you can use a Decora wall plate over it and it looks just like a box mounted switch.

Comment

This is also, if it is a desired feature, the only way I know to have a multiple way switch and be able to control dimming from each one.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Bill View Post

You may can find these locally, especially at the Big Box stores. But if not, go to www.1000bulbs.com and do a search for "Lutron RF switch", " PICO remote", and "Pico wall bracket" or even Amazon.com
                  You can put the Pico in a box and not need the bracket. The bracket is for mounting the Pico directly to the wall. Then you can use a Decora wall plate over it and it looks just like a box mounted switch.
                  FYI....You kind of have that backwards. You need the bracket if you want to mount the PICO to a box. If you just want to stick the PICO to the wall without a plate then you don't need the bracket. The plastic back piece even includes double sided tape.
                  Curt Swartz
                  Electrical Contractor

Comment

Leviton makes self-powered remote switches.
                    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Comment

Working...
                    X