Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warehouse lighting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Warehouse lighting

    I have a customer that wants lighting int their warehouse upgraded but they dont know what to install. they have 2 areas,1st is 50' x 100' warehouse and 2nd 50x150' . The peak of roof is 30'. The space is a work area for both. Is there a formula for wattage/lumens and quantity of lighting needed for work areas like these or is something my lighting supplier should be able to help?
    Last edited by mannyb; 09-24-19, 05:39 PM.

    #2
    What can you tell us about what's in there now?
    Master Electrician
    Electrical Contractor
    Richmond, VA

    Comment


      #3
      Reach out to one of the local lighting reps for a brand you like. Give them the basic dimensions of the warehouse that you've listed here, what mounting height you'd like to use, and they should be able to whip out lighting calcs and give you a layout in Agi32 in no time. If you are able to give them a rough description of how the storage is laid out in the warehouses, they'll take that into consideration so you can get something that gives good lighting levels on the faces of the storage items, and not just at the floor of the aisles below. They should do this for free in hopes that you use the product they used in their calculations.
      I'm offended.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by LarryFine View Post
        What can you tell us about what's in there now?

        The existing were 400w MH high bay fixtures and not many to do an even swap.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by mannyb View Post


          The existing were 400w MH high bay fixtures and not many to do an even swap.
          I'm asking to see if, with lower-current lights like LEDs, if you have enough electrical capacity in the ceiling.
          Master Electrician
          Electrical Contractor
          Richmond, VA

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by mannyb View Post
            I have a customer that wants lighting int their warehouse upgraded but they dont know what to install. they have 2 areas,1st is 50' x 100' warehouse and 2nd 50x150' . The peak of roof is 30'. The space is a work area for both. Is there a formula for wattage/lumens and quantity of lighting needed for work areas like these or is something my lighting supplier should be able to help?
            if it is located in california, there are considerations with T24 to be addressed.

            if there are skylights, and there usually are, you will need daylight harvesting installed.
            also occupancy sensors.
            ~New signature under construction.~
            ~~~~Please excuse the mess.~~~~

            Comment


              #7
              Some lighting manufacturers have lighting layout tools on their websites.
              You may well be the sharpest tool in the box, but in the end you are still a tool.

              Comment


                #8
                https://www.lightingdesignlab.com/si...Rev.072013.pdf

                Comment


                  #9
                  With high ceilings like that youll want to check out high bay fixtures. Typically 15 ish feet spacing. As someone mentioned above you may need daylight harvesting if there are skylights. I have a 25 ft ceiling warehouse project i worked on recently and ran with a 5000LM fixtures. Your ideal foot candle range for a warehouse is 20-30 fc at working height. 18"

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X