Warehouse lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
I have a customer that wants lighting int their warehouse upgraded but they dont know what to install. they have 2 areas,1st is 50' x 100' warehouse and 2nd 50x150' . The peak of roof is 30'. The space is a work area for both. Is there a formula for wattage/lumens and quantity of lighting needed for work areas like these or is something my lighting supplier should be able to help?

Last edited:

Kansas Mountain

Occupation
Lighting and Lighting Control Designs
Reach out to one of the local lighting reps for a brand you like. Give them the basic dimensions of the warehouse that you've listed here, what mounting height you'd like to use, and they should be able to whip out lighting calcs and give you a layout in Agi32 in no time. If you are able to give them a rough description of how the storage is laid out in the warehouses, they'll take that into consideration so you can get something that gives good lighting levels on the faces of the storage items, and not just at the floor of the aisles below. They should do this for free in hopes that you use the product they used in their calculations.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I have a customer that wants lighting int their warehouse upgraded but they dont know what to install. they have 2 areas,1st is 50' x 100' warehouse and 2nd 50x150' . The peak of roof is 30'. The space is a work area for both. Is there a formula for wattage/lumens and quantity of lighting needed for work areas like these or is something my lighting supplier should be able to help?

if it is located in california, there are considerations with T24 to be addressed.

if there are skylights, and there usually are, you will need daylight harvesting installed.
also occupancy sensors.

WA_Sparky

Electrical Engineer
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
With high ceilings like that youll want to check out high bay fixtures. Typically 15 ish feet spacing. As someone mentioned above you may need daylight harvesting if there are skylights. I have a 25 ft ceiling warehouse project i worked on recently and ran with a 5000LM fixtures. Your ideal foot candle range for a warehouse is 20-30 fc at working height. 18"

Status
Not open for further replies.