Retrofit LED luninare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retrofit LED luninare

Any comments on this retrofit style LED luminare? Drill a hole, fish the wire, connect to LED driver J box. Insert LED lamp. Good for 2x6 ceiling joists. About $25.00. This one is from Home Depot.

Will upload photo later
    Moderator-Washington State
    Ancora Imparo

I’ve used them in closet installs.
    lots of light and easy enough.

Comment

No need to try to upload a photo if you just link to the product on their website. I still can't picture exactly what you are doing. This is the results page at Home Depot for your exact terms:

https://www.homedepot.com/s/retrofit...uminare?NCNI-5

Comment

Originally posted by tom baker View Post
        Any comments on this retrofit style LED luminare? Drill a hole, fish the wire, connect to LED driver J box. Insert LED lamp. Good for 2x6 ceiling joists. About $25.00. This one is from Home Depot.

Will upload photo later
        There are some that don't even the 2x6 joist clearance, need room for the driver box but other than that can have joist centered on the hole and it still works. What I have been using instead of conventional cans, even on new construction. Doesn't cost any more than a conventional can plus an LED trim does.
        I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Comment

its very similar to this LED
          Topaz 4" recessed LED.
          Moderator-Washington State
          Ancora Imparo

Comment

Originally posted by tom baker View Post

Will upload photo later
            I was skeptical at first. That type is my go to recessed now.
            I like the style with the three baffle ring on the trim they are a little deeper though.

Comment

Working...
            X