Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take some reflective thin steel of the type already used in other fixtures, cut it to size and send it through some pinch rollers and you,ll have a piece that will look as though it were factory made.

Comment

hey, I was looking to do this in some globe post lights in a mall area. These globes line a sidewalk as pedsetrian lighting. I had brang this to the attention of our electric shop supervisor. If we install LED lamps in a medium base socket. A socket wich was previously fed by a core and coil 70 watt HPS ballast. 120volt source. Will this void the UL listing and should it really matter?
      Sorry for being long winded but...

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by paulmonti View Post
        Take some reflective thin steel of the type already used in other fixtures,
        I am looking for a supplier of that.

You know one?

Comment

Originally posted by Dnkldorf View Post
          ..I gutted the HPS ballast and top reflector...
          Originally posted by paulmonti View Post
          Take some reflective thin steel of the type already used in other fixtures,
          I am looking for a supplier of that.

You know one?
          Can you salvage the ones out of an old fixture?
          BB+/BB=?

Comment

Originally posted by mivey View Post
            Can you salvage the ones out of an old fixture?
            Sure, but the orientation of the bulb changes, and renders it useless.

In this fixture, the HPS bulb is mounted horizontally, and tucked inside the reflector inside the top of the fixture.

This has to be removed, and a new one made.

Comment

Sure, but the orientation of the bulb changes, and renders it useless.

In this fixture, the HPS bulb is mounted horizontally, and tucked inside the reflector inside the top of the fixture.

This has to be removed, and a new one made.
              OK, how about one out of a 1,000W MH? The material is what you are after as I'm assuming you are going to fabricate something.

add: If you want something new, buy some fixture insert material, like this:
              http://www.alplighting.com/pdf/7000_...lector_Kit.pdf
              Last edited by mivey; 10-27-09, 05:48 PM.
              BB+/BB=?

Comment

Originally posted by mivey View Post
                OK, how about one out of a 1,000W MH? The material is what you are after as I'm assuming you are going to fabricate something.
                Actually a rather good idea. Out of the crap I have laying around, I have no used 1000W fixtures. That is exactly the material I am looking for. I couldn't buy (1600) 1000W MH's just for their reflective pieces. I'd lose money for sure. I am looking at alot of poles to be done.

I am leaning towards that solarflex stuff, it might work.

Comment

Working...
                X