Running 3 way

Status
Not open for further replies.

dicklaxt

About 1 year ago plus someone posted a schematic of a 3-way switching that was not the norm and I believe he called it a running 3-way.I have searched the forum for it but it appears it is to old.

Does anyone have that schematic and if so can you post it again.

thanks dick

Hameedulla-Ekhlas

About 1 year ago plus someone posted a schematic of a 3-way switching that was not the norm and I believe he called it a running 3-way.I have searched the forum for it but it appears it is to old.

Does anyone have that schematic and if so can you post it again.

thanks dick

If you want to 3-way witch schematic.

3-way%20switch,%20.gif

dicklaxt

Not the Chicago Or Calif nor the std 3-way,,,,,,,,that travelling bus sounds familiar too whats that look like?

dick

dicklaxt

Yes, that is it,it can be used with or without either of the 4-ways or both,in looking at this in detail working mode the only advantage I see over a coventional 3-way setup is that you have remote receptacle that stays hot,,,,,,,,,,is that correct?
Thanks my man

dick

Last edited:

ronaldrc

Yes that is right.

If you wanted to use this circuit in a house you could use the new 12/4 or 12/2/2 nm romex.

But I would not want to be the one trouble shooting it in the future.

hurk27

I know with a regular fixture with a socket or polarized lamp connections it would be against code, but what about those line voltage pin fixtures that just have two black wires? what about quartz type fixtures? there is no socket.

could using this circuit depend upon what type of fixture to be code compliant?

Status
Not open for further replies.