flickering fluorescents have defied repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_traveler

I installed 7 2x2 fluorescent fixtures about 12 years ago - on two separate switched circuits.

The single circuit with 6 of them has always worked, nary a flicker.
The other 2 x 2 on the same line as a incandescent ceiling fixture began flickering a year ago and a master electrician made a try at fixing it. He installed a new ballast and new Phillips bulbs.and it worked for about 6 months and then began flickering again. New Phillips bulbs from HD have no positive effect.

Voltage is a steady 120, ground is good, calls both to GE and Phillips produced info that the ballast and bulbs were compatible as far as they were concerned.

Incandescent light functions just fine.

GE Ballast magnetic ballast 446LSLHTCP - recommended bulbs F40T12
or F40T10

Phillips bulbs are FB40/Spec35/6 alto

I am at the point where I will try running a wire from a wall socket to the single fluorescent to see if non-switched current will work. but before I do that - any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Lew

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum?s rules. This Forum is for professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry. We are not permitted to provide ?how-to? assistance to a person who is not employed in this industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.