Undercabinet LED Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

msc86

Can someone recommend a decent quality, yet affordable product for residential use? I know of the Juno LED products, but these are at least $20 a pop. The current setup is 11 small, single bulbs made by Hampton Bay, but the problem with these is they go out pretty often, and run up the power bill.

I could get away with 8 4 inch bars, or even just 11 single small, maybe 1 or 2 inch fixtures with LEDs. I will also need 2 extra small LED fixtures.

My main concern is longer lasting lights, lower power consumption for lower electric bill, and small hidden lights, while still maintaining brightness. Keep in mind that the home owner does have a budget, and optimally, $5 a pop would be awesome.

Also, being dimmable would be another option that the homeowner woud like.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:

msc86

Can someone recommend a decent quality, yet affordable product for residential use? I know of the Juno LED products, but these are at least $20 a pop. The current setup is 11 small, single bulbs made by Hampton Bay, but the problem with these is they go out pretty often, and run up the power bill.

I could get away with 8 4 inch bars, or even just 11 single small, maybe 1 or 2 inch fixtures with LEDs. I will also need 2 extra small LED fixtures.

My main concern is longer lasting lights, lower power consumption for lower electric bill, and small hidden lights, while still maintaining brightness. Keep in mind that the home owner does have a budget, and optimally, $5 a pop would be awesome.

Also, being dimmable would be another option that the homeowner woud like.

Thanks,
Mike

Oh yeah, another request from the home owner... she wants the two small LED lights to look good because they will be visible.

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
LEDs are still not "cheap" as far as inital costs yet.

I've installed the LED linear ribbon from this company GM Lighting for a customer. Pretty nice. Don't know what your costs would be.

msc86

Are you really looking for an LED fixture for 5 bucks? :confused:

That's what I thought, but the homeowner is a good friend of mine who is not exactly... wealthy, so I was just trying to help her out. I wasn't sure if there were any products out there that might fit her budget.

These are popular here, but they are a ribbon....
lots of bells & whistles...may be out of your price range...
http://www.ecolightled.com/

Wonderful idea! Why didn't I think of this? I have used these before and I may take this into consideration.

msc86

Wow... anything with LED lights are seriously expensive. Is there another cheap alternative to a more dependable lighting system, that doesn't blow bulbs every other month? On the package, it says the bulbs last 4000 hours, but realistically, they only last around 1400 hours. They are left on at all times, so that might have something to do with it. Perhaps it is not the product, but the install? The owner had put these in herself and they are daisy chained, 3 Hampton Bay light pucks via extension cord per recepticle to 3 seperate recepticles.

:-?

Here are the exact product:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...fb6523e&itemid=360263606011&ff4=263602_263622

Status
Not open for further replies.