BNC connector/cable on camera came off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgelectric

I have a camera that the bnc connector came off the cable that comes with the camera.
I cant seem to find a way to fix it since its the cable that comes with the camera and is smaller in diameter than rg59 cable.
As you can tell in the picture attached its smaller than rg59.
Are there connectors that are for this smaller cable that i may not know about?

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    cable.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

nhfire77

I have a camera that the bnc connector came off the cable that comes with the camera.
I cant seem to find a way to fix it since its the cable that comes with the camera and is smaller in diameter than rg59 cable.
As you can tell in the picture attached its smaller than rg59.
Are there connectors that are for this smaller cable that i may not know about?

The smaller cable in your pic is manufacturer specific. You will have to find an equivilant or solder the one that fell off back on it on. Analog cameras are soooooooooo cheap right now, if you have to just get a new one, it will probably be better resolution and cost less than $90

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Problem with that is Ill need to come up with a method to attach a plug to the cable similar shown in the picture.

Are you saying that the connector on the camera is not a BNC and needs this special cable to connect it to a BNC on a RG-59? Yeah, replace the camera. Unless you can obtain a cable from the manufacturer, suitable connectors and the tools to install them are going to cost more than a new camera.

-Hal

n1ist

Occupation
Principal Electrical Engineer
You could always cut off and resplice the two-pin connector on the far end to a new coax with a BNC already on it. Looks like just two wires soldered to the end of the coax with some heatshrink over it.
/mike

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
You could always cut off and resplice the two-pin connector on the far end to a new coax with a BNC already on it. Looks like just two wires soldered to the end of the coax with some heatshrink over it.
/mike

You know, you're right. I couldn't tell on my phone screen but because of what you said I'm looking at that picture on my laptop and that's exactly what it looks like. Don't think I've ever seen that kind of thing for video over coax. Betcha that camera is part of some video surveillance in-a-box kit from Staples or something?

-Hal

bgelectric

/mike
I was considering that although the center conductor is strand unlike rg59 which is solid. I guess i could probably solder it to make it work.

bgelectric

You know, you're right. I couldn't tell on my phone screen but because of what you said I'm looking at that picture on my laptop and that's exactly what it looks like. Don't think I've ever seen that kind of thing for video over coax. Betcha that camera is part of some video surveillance in-a-box kit from Staples or something?

-Hal

Actually its not at all, its a Panasonic WV-CW384. Which is a decent camera.

gar

Occupation
EE
150127-2358 EST

What is the problem?

Just get a BNC connector and solder your cable to the BNC. There are standard BNC connectors for soldering the xoax to the connector. I have soldered RG58 to BNC connectors many times. If you want filler between the coax outside and the ID of the BNC, then machine a sleave or just wrap Scotch 33 around the coax as filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.