Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone do much low voltage landscape lighting (T or hub/spider wiring?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldsparky52 View Post
    No, just share the layout with us.
    gotta figure out the layout.... I'm not sure how much light (lumens) these fixtures are going to put out in real life. I have some charts showing
    3 watts led = 25 watt incandescent@ (250 lumens). 4-5=40@450. 6-8=60@80. 9-13=75@1,100...
    I have an idea what the 450 lumen (40 watt incandescent) looks like, but path lights at 3 watt led @150 lumens from one manufacturer or 2-2.5 watt led at 110-115 lumens. ??? or bullets at 2-4-6 watts led???
    I may by a couple fixtures or a fixture with assorted bulbs and see what the light will actually look like.
    " I'm at a crucial part of my painting "...........Monika Danneman

Comment

Originally posted by drcampbell View Post
      If I were overthinking the question, I would use whichever method requires the least digging.
      That's why I am giving the low voltage a go...
      " I'm at a crucial part of my painting "...........Monika Danneman

Comment

Originally posted by ritelec View Post
        gotta figure out the layout.... I'm not sure how much light (lumens) these fixtures are going to put out in real life. I have some charts showing
        3 watts led = 25 watt incandescent@ (250 lumens). 4-5=40@450. 6-8=60@80. 9-13=75@1,100...
        I have an idea what the 450 lumen (40 watt incandescent) looks like, but path lights at 3 watt led @150 lumens from one manufacturer or 2-2.5 watt led at 110-115 lumens. ??? or bullets at 2-4-6 watts led???
        I may by a couple fixtures or a fixture with assorted bulbs and see what the light will actually look like.
        Sounds like a project of some significance. Have you asked the supplier to offer design assistance? They do that stuff all the time, you don't have to follow there recommendations, but they may have some experience that can be beneficial.

Of course never forget they are selling. Buyer beware.

Comment

Working...
        X