Voltage Separation

Status
Not open for further replies.
A concrete floor containing low and 120v wiring conduits have been damaged and are being replaced into an installed box. I thought there was a code req separation of voltages, not in ch3, not in ch1, or ch2. I know it's there. I think it's there?
Any ideas?

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
A concrete floor containing low and 120v wiring conduits have been damaged and are being replaced into an installed box. I thought there was a code req separation of voltages, not in ch3, not in ch1, or ch2. I know it's there. I think it's there?
Any ideas?

It is likely that these can not be in the same box. Is this a class 2 circuit?

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Hope the topic isn’t dead but I still need code for the separation of low (120)and high voltage208^ in the same box
There is none, 120, 240, 277, 480, are allowed in the same raceways and enclosures, see 300.3(C). Higher and lower voltages have some particulars that needs to be adhered to.

There are also concerns if devices are in the same box with multiple voltages.

Roger

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Hope the topic isn’t dead but I still need code for the separation of low (120)and high voltage208^ in the same box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

208 is 120 to ground.
Please see 300.3(C)(1)
And the IN at the end, most miss this, and try to use a class 2 circuit with 600 volt insulation in a raceway with power and lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.