Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Washington State 09"s

Hello All,

Any other Washington 09 contractors here?

welcome to the forum. We do have a few members from the state of Washington. Do you have a particular question?
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky

Comment

Just FYI for the members outside this state, the number in parentheses refers to a specialty area that the electrician is qualified to work. (01) is general, (02 is residential), and there are others. But looking a few moments at the state web site, I did not see an (09) designation. Please clarify the question.
      Charles E. Beck, P.E., Seattle
      Comments based on 2017 NEC unless otherwise noted.

Comment

OK, I see that there is a separate list of specialties for contractors. But number 9 is for concrete. Now I am really confused.
        Charles E. Beck, P.E., Seattle
        Comments based on 2017 NEC unless otherwise noted.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie b View Post
          OK, I see that there is a separate list of specialties for contractors. But number 9 is for concrete. Now I am really confused.
          Electricians who specialize in filling in the trench made in kitchens when adding an island. They subcontract to other less specialized electricians.

Comment

Originally posted by Coppersmith View Post
            Electricians who specialize in filling in the trench made in kitchens when adding an island. They subcontract to other less specialized electricians.
            I've never seen a trench in a wooden floor...

Comment

Then you've never seen what my guys do...

-Hal

Comment

Washington State is the King of Electrical Specialties, seems like there are 14 or 15 certifications. Electricians are certified, contractors are licensed. There are no 09 telecommunications electricians, but there is an 09 contractor. So anyone can do telecom work (but need permits and inspection, and work for an 09 contractor). The reason why no 09 electricians is the telecom industry came to our state electrical dept in 2000, and said we need regulation, too much poor quality work. The telecom industry wanted licensing but not certification...they said if you require certification we will kill the bill at the state legislature.
                Moderator-Washington State
                Ancora Imparo

Comment

Ok, what does an 09 contractor do? I assume that to do telecom on your own you would have to be licensed as an 09 contractor. Would that be a GC?

-Hal

Comment

Working...
                  X