Levition WI-FI Plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Levition WI-FI Plug

I am trying out a Leviton WI-FI plug, I have the App and can log into my Leviton account from my computer. The app and web interface seems akward. All I want to do is have a light turn on at sunset, off at a certain time, turn on at a certain time and off at sunrise. this should be really simple but its not.
    Are there any other WI-FI plugs I should consider? Amazon has a line of plugs that are less money, the Leviton is $25.
    Amazon is here: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wi-fi+plugs&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
    Moderator-Washington State
    Ancora Imparo

See if X10 has anything... I had an X10 household control system at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulMmn View Post
      See if X10 has anything... I had an X10 household control system at one time.
      I still do, on a smaller scale, and my mom has a functional X-10 alarm system.
      Master Electrician
      Electrical Contractor
      Richmond, VA

Comment

Originally posted by tom baker View Post
        The app and web interface seems akward. All I want to do is have a light turn on at sunset, off at a certain time, turn on at a certain time and off at sunrise. this should be really simple but its not.
        I have some smart outlets that use KASA (TP-Link) that have an astronomical function and also work with Alexa.
        I also have two other brands, like Smarthome, but they do not know when it is dusk or dawn.
        Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Comment

Go with Zwave and/or ZigBee. Different bandwidth (Zwave is 908MHz, while ZigBee is 2.4GHz(not WiFi). Each device that is hardwired is also a repeater and part of a mesh network, so while the distance requirement from the hub is within 100', each hardwired device extends that. I use SmartThings to turn my soffit lights on/off at sunrise/sunset, Christmas lights on at sunset and off at midnight. The inside ones go off at 10 or 11 at night, depending on what/where it is. Turn on all of them with one tap, or individually. When I open my kitchen door between sunset and 5AM, my pendant lights come on. Same with my front door and the entry chandelier. If a basement or ground floor window gets opened between sunset and sunrise, all of the lights in my house come on. Most of my light switches have an LED that turns red when the garage door is open (normally blue), so I know if I need to close it. Turn the thermostat up or down utilizing Alexa. If the outdoor temperature drops below 15, the thermostat goes up a degree. And so on...
          Last edited by egnlsn; Yesterday, 05:50 PM.
          CIAO!

Ed N.

Comment

Working...
          X