Terminal Strip Cabinets

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes TSC?

i need to spec a couple of these on a job but im having trouble finding any information on the Web.

mdshunk

Is there some reason why you wouldn't get a regular Hoffman box and bolt the necessary terminal strip(s) inside? Other than that suggestion, if you need a UL panel, most areas have a UL approved panel builder or two in their local market. Let your fingers do the walking. Don't think you'll find a premanufactured assembly, as these are mostly constructed in the field or at a local UL panel shop.

I looked at hoffmans catalog and I didnt really like what i saw. I will contact a local panel builder in the morning to find exact dimensions for the box, etc.

the situation is the following:

I need to power 10 DC power supplies (PS) @ 240W each for a total of 2400W

What I would like to do is run 3#6 @ 208V (#6s due to voltage drop, the panel is 300 feet away)
terminate the #6 at the TSC and then run 3#18 to each PS from the TSC
(30 wires)

thats just for the input.

now each PS has 3 Channels (CH) and each Channel has 2#18

80W/CH @ 24V DC

i would like to terminate the #18s in another TSC and then Possibly run #6s to 72 linear feet of LEDs that are easily another 300 feet away.

so i have (10 PS * 3 CH * 2 = 60) 60 wires that need to be run 300' as #6s

I can very easy spec a splice box and call it a day, but imagine the nightmare that would be to maintain and trouble shoot. So i think using a TSC would be much easier for everyone.

thanks for your reply

sc23

Terminal strip cabinets

Terminal strip cabinets

Space Age Electronics makes some good terminal strip cabinets.
This is their website:
http://www.1sae.com/
They put these cabinets under "Integration"

Scott Colcord

Bob NH

I'm sure you can find cabinets, but unless this is a "cost is no object and it's other peoples money" job, I would do a little engineering to figure out how to avoid running 18,000 feet of #6.

I would do everything possible to make the high voltage longer and the low voltage shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.