Manholes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHNNIEB

Looking to install a 200amp service inside a 6x6x6 manholes for street lighting and holiday lighting outlets. Inspector cannot find anything against it but doesn't like it . Does anyone have a code to help the inspector out or to help me with putting this in.

charlie

That is one of the great things about this forum, I wasn't thinking about clearance but I was only thinking about the possability of water in the manhole since we have to pump ours dry on a regular basis to get down into them to work. :)

iwire

Staff member
charlie said:
I was only thinking about the possability of water in the manhole since we have to pump ours dry on a regular basis to get down into them to work. :)

That is how it is in Boston as well, the power company has pump trucks for doing just that.

JOHNNIEB

It Is 6'x6'x6' And It Is To Be Water Proofed And Have A Gasketed Top. Now I Know That It Will Get Some Water In It But It Will Have A Sump Pump Along With A High Level Alarm. Does This Make A Difference.

Inspectorcliff

JOHNNIEB said:
It Is 6'x6'x6' And It Is To Be Water Proofed And Have A Gasketed Top. Now I Know That It Will Get Some Water In It But It Will Have A Sump Pump Along With A High Level Alarm. Does This Make A Difference.
We see it here in Colorado quite frequently, of course were usually, about a mile above sea level too. As long as its sealed dry location, I wouldn't think there would be a problem, accessible, versus, readily accessible.:smile:

mxslick

I'd be sure to use Nema 3 rated gear to help protect against moisture, and all copper buss bars in the panels would be a good idea too. :)

tkb

If there is a pump I don't see aproblem with 3R enclosures.
There WILL be condensation dripping off of the ceiling.
I would also go with the copper buss in the panels.
I would aslo recomend a heater to combat the humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.