HELP - Intelliknight 5808

Status
Not open for further replies.

moresi

Just finished install of Intelliknight model 5808. This is first one I have installed and all seemed to be going fine. Ran jump start to program and seemed to recognized all addressed detectors. It did not recognize my pull stations. Two problems-

Approximatly 10 minutes into changing some featurs I received a trouble for every detector on the SLC - the trouble message is Double Address. There are no double addresses and system has recognized each individual address. This trouble clears in about 10 minutes going to system normal and then comes back again approximatly 10 minutes later. I addressed and installed detectors one day prior but I can not see that this is the problem. I am at a loss. Also - I do not understand why it did not recognize my pull stations. All are addressed appropriatly and are the model number SD500-PS.

The puls I figure I can work out - but this double address trouble for all detectors is making me nervous.
Anyone encounter this?

nhfire77

Have you commissioned the system yet?

When you do your test you will find any addressing problem.

I have installed a 100 of those and never seen it go in and out of double address trouble by itself

Are you sure none of the devices were left in default with all the dip switches off?

Just run a full test to put yourself at ease.

What settings were you changing?

Don't forget to try a hard restart, you never know.

Also try changing out device address numbers, see if the trouble follows, maybe a bad internal SLC card, unlikely, but possible.

Last edited:

moresi

I may have jumped the gun by posting so soon but after posting I decided to head back to job site to figure this out. It turns out that I had a defective pull station which was resulting in these trouble events. I did contact Silent Knight tech. support and they confirmed that such a defective device would cause these events to occur. Installed a new pull station and everything cleared and system is up and running. Great system to work with.

nhfire77

I may have jumped the gun by posting so soon but after posting I decided to head back to job site to figure this out. It turns out that I had a defective pull station which was resulting in these trouble events. I did contact Silent Knight tech. support and they confirmed that such a defective device would cause these events to occur. Installed a new pull station and everything cleared and system is up and running. Great system to work with.

Glad you posted though. I have never had that problem. Now I know what to look for if I do.

Thank you for posting your experience!!!

I have never touched the system that you are talking about but have done many NFS 320 and 640 systems. I have had similiar troubles and had to do a soft reset on the system, once I did that it cleared up the problem that kept coming up but didn't really have.

Also when using addressable units always run the address dials back and forth a couple times before setting them on the final address, even if 0 is part of the address.

Status
Not open for further replies.