A/V & Intercoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
I've never worked much with A/V or intercom but get a situation now and then. I check power coming in and look for obvious red flags like loose splices. But I don't dig into it because I really don't know what to look for. I've told a few customers to get whoever installed the system to look at it, if they are around. I've looked some to locate someone to refer people too; haven't found anyone yet. Can anyone recomend good books or videos to learn the basics of A/V?

Thanks

gndrod

I've never worked much with A/V or intercom but get a situation now and then. I check power coming in and look for obvious red flags like loose splices. But I don't dig into it because I really don't know what to look for. I've told a few customers to get whoever installed the system to look at it, if they are around. I've looked some to locate someone to refer people too; haven't found anyone yet. Can anyone recomend good books or videos to learn the basics of A/V?

Thanks

The best bet is to get involved with Fire and Security Safety system pros. (Ademco, Hochiki, Highrise Fire and Safety,etc.) The A/V for intercom and Video surveillance are a tight knit community of professionals that are pretty much isolated from electricians. Residential structured media is the closest that would come to A/V in entertainment specialties.(Leviton, Hubbell, On Q Technologies.) rbj

Status
Not open for further replies.