basa License:

Status
Not open for further replies.

micusa2381

HI
i been working in a security instaler for last five year dose any one know how to get berg and security alarm license or school were i can go
thanks

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Electrical licensing varies by State and City. In Washington, you must have worked as a trainee under a limited energy contractor for 2 years or a trainee in an apprenticeship program.
Personally, I would get NICET certified under fire alarm, if possible. My city fire inspector requires NICET certification for any fire alarm work. There may be other certifications you can can get, all make you more valuable as an employee

TLBryant

Start with your State's Licensing Board or Department of Labor. Many states require a low voltage license of some sort that will allow you to work on systems of 70 volts or less - Georgia for example.

Some states only require an alarm license. North Carolina requires both. South Carolina requires both a Fire Alarm license and Burglar Alarm license and you must have a NICET Level II for Fire and an NFBAA NTS Level 1 for security.

Some states such as West Virginia and Virginia require a contractor's license in addition to a trade/craft license.

Pennsylvania requires no license at all.

Go here to start your research: http://www.neca-neis.org/state/specialty_licensing.cfm

NICET: www.nicet.org

NFBAA: www.alarm.org

Status
Not open for further replies.