Network / Video cabling - Residential

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybermechx

Hello,

This looks like the right place to post this question, if not my appologies.

My local government is following the NEC 2008 code book and I'm going to be building a new home. I've instructed the builder that I will install my own CAT5 and RG6 as I want to wire every room and set the house up for a lot of the new smart home technologies.

My question is this: Other than securing the cabling to the studs and ceiling / floor joists, is there anything else I should be aware of so that my cable runs pass inspection?

Thanks in Advance,

Chris

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum?s rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. Although your member profile states that you are a member of this industry or of a related industry, your question makes it appear as though you are planning to perform electrical work at your own home, and your profile tells me that you are not an electrician. We are not permitted to provide ?how-to? assistance to a ?do-it-yourself? person.

Status
Not open for further replies.