Required Testing for Fire Alarm, Suppression, & Sprinkler Systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tryinghard

We have a compound with multiple locations and different buildings with a mixture of fire alarm, suppression, & sprinkler systems. Are each of these systems required to be regularly tested?

1 - 2 story office building (public accessible) with fire alarm only.
7 - buildings (qualified personnel accessible only) with Halon suppression systems
1 - building (qualified personnel accessible only) with FM-200 suppression system
3 - buildings (qualified personnel accessible only) with both sprinkler systems & fire alarm systems

nhfire77

We have a compound with multiple locations and different buildings with a mixture of fire alarm, suppression, & sprinkler systems. Are each of these systems required to be regularly tested?

1 - 2 story office building (public accessible) with fire alarm only.
7 - buildings (qualified personnel accessible only) with Halon suppression systems
1 - building (qualified personnel accessible only) with FM-200 suppression system
3 - buildings (qualified personnel accessible only) with both sprinkler systems & fire alarm systems

Yes read 72 chapter 10 for fire alarm.
NFPA 25 for sprinkler
NPFA 12A for Halon

Oh, and please test it right. There are weekly monthly ,quarterly ,semiannual and annual visual inspections and tests

No offense, if you have to ask you are not qualified to test them.

Last edited:

MichaelGP3

Occupation
Fire Alarm Technician
I'm sorry that I wasn't clear in my first reply.

I'm sorry that I wasn't clear in my first reply.

All the systems mentioned in your original post are required to be tested and maintained per the requirements outlined in the documents referenced by nhfire77.

If fire/smoke dampers are present in any of these buildings, you may also want to look at NFPA 92A, NFPA 80, and NFPA 105.

Last edited:

nhfire77

None taken, I'm just an electrician but I'm coordinating the vendor. Are the non public areas regulated and required as well?

Unless there is an overriding local regulation, yes. All fire alarms need to be tested, technically even resi.

Status
Not open for further replies.