industrial control panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpd

was out on an inspection today and saw a control panel that is part of a listed kitchen hood system, the control panel controls the hood lights & 3 motors (on roof with disconnects), the panel is fed by 5 branch circuits from a NE panel in the basement. do the motor circuits require a disconnect within sight before the control panel, art. 409.30 refers you to part IX of art. 430

jap

Occupation
Electrician
I hate it when they do that.

The panel builder should have put in a single disconnecting means in the cabinet large enough to feed the
entire load controlled by the panel, or,Utilized the tap rules and brought thier individual feeds through
secondary fusing to a single termination point and let the contractor supply a single disconnect and a single feeder to the cabinet.

mpd

I hate it when they do that.

The panel builder should have put in a single disconnecting means in the cabinet large enough to feed the
entire load controlled by the panel, or,Utilized the tap rules and brought thier individual feeds through
secondary fusing to a single termination point and let the contractor supply a single disconnect and a single feeder to the cabinet.
at

that is what I am used to seeing, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.