ground fault on s.o. cords for equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

acid75070

I am getting ready to drop s.o. cords down from the production ceiling, we are going to use a cgb with a kellum grip and the cord is going to have twist lock cord cap on the end that hooks to the piece of equipment, on that note we will be dropping 480 volt three phase and we will be dropping 208 volt three phase and some 120 volt single phase this is a wash down area. My question is that I have someone telling me that they need to be on ground fault protection is that true for the cord drops. I do have a ground fault on the 4000-amp service that is coming into the building and we do have the ka ratings set to every sub panel,

jusme123

Occupation
JW
I am getting ready to drop s.o. cords down from the production ceiling, we are going to use a cgb with a kellum grip and the cord is going to have twist lock cord cap on the end that hooks to the piece of equipment, on that note we will be dropping 480 volt three phase and we will be dropping 208 volt three phase and some 120 volt single phase this is a wash down area. My question is that I have someone telling me that they need to be on ground fault protection is that true for the cord drops. I do have a ground fault on the 4000-amp service that is coming into the building and we do have the ka ratings set to every sub panel,

location location location

iwire

Staff member
You are confusing GFCI with GFP

Your main has GFP ground fault protection which is required on some circuits above 1,000 amps. GFP is for the protection of equipment.

GFCI is different and is for the protection of people. The GFCI rules that apply to your installation are in 210.8(B). They only apply to 125 volt, 15 and 20 amp receptacles.

Status
Not open for further replies.