next New York State cycle change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenman215

Does anyone know when or about when the next code cycle will take effect in New York State and what year we'll be working off of? Also where would you find that info? Thanks.

bphgravity

Go Here: http://www.nema.org/Technical/Code-Alerts/Pages/10-November-New-York.aspx

Also: The Division of Building Standards and Codes announced that proposals to update the Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code (Uniform Code) and State Energy Conservation Construction Code (Energy Code) were published in the November 25, 2015 edition of the New York State Register, commencing a public comment period that will end on February 5, 2016. As part of the public comment period, hearings will be conducted in Albany, Hauppauge, Syracuse and Buffalo for both the Uniform Code and Energy Code proposals and an additional hearing will be conducted for the Energy Code proposal in New York City. Comments received during this period will be presented for final consideration by the State Fire Prevention and Building Code Council on March 9, 2016.

kenman215

for the last 4 or 5 years we've been told we're adopting the 2011 very soon every 6 months or so. for the last 2 years it's been the 2011 and 2014 very soon every 6 months or so.....

I actually talked to the Albany city inspector today. According to him, despite attending the conferences, he has no idea what code will end up being adopted nor when. Sounds like a typical New York process.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Yep, it's comical in a sad way.

I agree. Since I live only a few miles from the NYS border I at one time thought of getting a NYS license (which to my surprise didn't exist). When I looked at the lack of statewide licensing and the hodge podge of local licensing, testing, and fees it just wasn't worth it. The corruption in the current system is too rampant for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.