Wow. I can't think for some reason. ArcFault needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
We have to give OP a little bit of a break here. He did say he was new to inspecting, and was the inspector in this case. I think he was pretty certain he was right from the start, but has an EC trying to test him to see what he can get away with.

No different then school kids and a new or substitute teacher, especially one with little experience, they usually see opportunity and test what they can get away with right away.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
One more consideration is that a local rehab code may specifically address the question of flood repair and explicitly override some NEC requirements. The OP needs to know what other codes and laws may apply.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
One more consideration is that a local rehab code may specifically address the question of flood repair and explicitly override some NEC requirements. The OP needs to know what other codes and laws may apply.

Very true.
I'd place a heavy wager that the EC was one of those that try to get away without using a AFCI. I see it all the time. I have a good friend the Valley that never installs these and wiggles out every time. The only time he uses them are on new homes and even then removes them after inspection.

jap

Occupation
Electrician
Very true.
I'd place a heavy wager that the EC was one of those that try to get away without using a AFCI. I see it all the time. I have a good friend the Valley that never installs these and wiggles out every time. The only time he uses them are on new homes and even then removes them after inspection.

That pretty well says it all right there.

JAP>

Status
Not open for further replies.