"do not connect to AFCI protected circuit"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
More equipment manufacturers need to have this in their instructions.

It will create the cat/buttered toast effect on installations of AFCI's:cool:

Mgraw

Occupation
Electrician
It is where the controls are that cause us grief. If they are low volt, no problem.

Not knowing what brand it is I don't know either. I am assuming it is an Aladdin because they have "no afci" language in their instructions. If it is Aladdin then it is UL listed and controls are low voltage.

Buck Parrish

I've done several here lately. The key switch is low voltage. But you still have a on off switch for the bulbs. I guess you could put that in the garage, too. Then put a battery controlled RF switch in the living room. Or 120 I guess it wouldn't matter since it'll be the slave switch.

Mgraw

Occupation
Electrician
I've done several here lately. The key switch is low voltage. But you still have a on off switch for the bulbs. I guess you could put that in the garage, too. Then put a battery controlled RF switch in the living room. Or 120 I guess it wouldn't matter since it'll be the slave switch.

If it is Aladdin the unit requires a separate circuit for the motor. The lights could be on an afci circuit.

kwired

Electron manager
Still haven't purchased a 2017 NEC, but I know there was changes to AFCI requirements that now include nearly everything. Could this be a problem once 2017 applies even if the thing is in the attic?

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
Still haven't purchased a 2017 NEC, but I know there was changes to AFCI requirements that now include nearly everything. Could this be a problem once 2017 applies even if the thing is in the attic?
No. The attic is still not in 210.12.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired

OT.

I see we have an LB in the hopper and it was scheduled for committee hearings. From what I understand there has been an unusual amount of bickering in our Unicameral this year so who knows what will get passed. Usually it flies through without to much difficulty so you better budget now.

kwired

Electron manager
OT.

I see we have an LB in the hopper and it was scheduled for committee hearings. From what I understand there has been an unusual amount of bickering in our Unicameral this year so who knows what will get passed. Usually it flies through without to much difficulty so you better budget now.

Other then what happend in 2008, yes it usually goes through with no difficulty. I don't know why I am dragging my feet this time, I have always had new code book before the first of the year.

Many of the changes in past 20 years I think are in violation of their own rules in 90.1:(

Status
Not open for further replies.