Pole and power panel near pool edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, last week I was watching some Swimming competitions on TV when suddenly something caught my attention.

There is a metallic lighting pole between two pools. There is about 12 ft from pole to the nearest pool (for warming) and about 20 ft from pole to the farthest pool (competition). On this pole there is a lighting panel for power and control of these lights.

Do you think this electrical installation is NEC compliant?. Unfortunately, I got no more info.

I would appreciate your comments.

Attachments

• Lighting pool panel.jpg
    Lighting pool panel.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 0

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Hi guys, last week I was watching some Swimming competitions on TV when suddenly something caught my attention.

There is a metallic lighting pole between two pools. There is about 12 ft from pole to the nearest pool (for warming) and about 20 ft from pole to the farthest pool (competition). On this pole there is a lighting panel for power and control of these lights.

Do you think this electrical installation is NEC compliant?. Unfortunately, I got no more info.

I would appreciate your comments.

Well it looks like were talking about 2017 NEC 680.22, Judging by the height of the person in the photo the lights are probably 3.7m or 12' above the water level. Now power and control of these lights would be 680.22(C)? and have to be 5 feet from the edge of either pool. which looking at the photo they probably have. So seems ok to me.

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I wouldn't go swimming, jump out of the pool, and then decide to flip a breaker, but other than that, looks compliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.