SIMPLEX Control ZAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTFD51

Trying to figure out if I have a ZAM issue or a programming issue. Control ZAM took 90 seconds to release a Door Mag. Is there a timing option in Simplex Programming, or maybe a relay/ZAM going bad.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Trying to figure out if I have a ZAM issue or a programming issue. Control ZAM took 90 seconds to release a Door Mag. Is there a timing option in Simplex Programming, or maybe a relay/ZAM going bad.

Based on the spec sheet I have, you should have a 2190-9163 or 2190-9164 control ZAM, unless you actually have the updated device which is an IAM. There don't appear to be any on-board options via jumper or DIP switch with regard to timing. Is this delay apparent every time the panel receives an alarm input? If so, there may be a lag in the signal line circuit (SLC) as it polls all the devices for status and sends the command to the ZAM. Is the lag timed from when you smoke a smoke detector? If so, alarm verification may be turned on, delaying the signal to the panel although the LED turns red right away. Last, there may be a timing delay built into the program. You can only find that by tracing the logic path for that ZAM

Status
Not open for further replies.