Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code violation?

Hi All!

I have a situation at a residential single family dwelling where the 150 amp 1/0 SEU is feeding into a pull box that has polaris splices on the two #1 THHN hot conductors, #1 THHN neutral conductor and a #6 THHN equipment bonding conductor that in turn is feeding a remote building with a pool panel. Is that a violation? I can't find a code reference that states so

What size is the OCPD ahead of the feeder? Is it only 3 conductor SEU and not 4 conductor SER? Is any of this outdoors, if so you need THWN (most modern conductors are dual rated THHN/THWN)
    Rob

All responses based on the 2017 NEC unless otherwise noted

Comment

Hi,

Sorry it's SER not SEU. The sub-panel in the basement is fed from the main panel with a 150A breaker besides the 150 amp main breaker in that same panel

Comment

Is some one telling you that you need an insulated ground?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Parrish View Post
          Is some one telling you that you need an insulated ground?
          That's what I'm wondering and don't fully understand where it's needed

Comment

Take a look at 680.25.
            Rob

All responses based on the 2017 NEC unless otherwise noted

Comment

Originally posted by infinity View Post
              Take a look at 680.25.
              I've read 680.25 and I'm really confused. The language the code uses is so confusing to me.

A 300 amp service on a single family dwelling.

Two seperate SEU feeders come from the meter pan to two seperate 150 amp indoor main panel boards.

A few circuits in each panel board with another 150 amp main breaker with an SER conductor feeding out to other side of the basement where one enters a pvc pull box and splices to the separate structure (pool house with a full basement) there in the basement of the pool house is where another 150 amp indoor panel is located which feeds another pool panel which feeds pool equipment. All within the same basement of the pool house.

When I read 680.25 I see that an insulated egc is required from the service. But what I'm seeing is a little different different in the sense that the 150 amp panel in the pool house basement has a insulated egc which feeds the pool panel.

Comment

Working...
              X