NEC Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

roy167

I'm taking a PE test in a few months and someone told me Mike Holt's forum [FONT=Roboto, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]has 2000 NEC questions quiz that you can buy for $20 bucks.

Can someone help me find this product? I have looked it up and unable to find this particular product.
[/FONT]

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I was not aware that the NEC was a subject that the PE test ever covered. It certainly was not in my day (OK, that was a while ago!). Can anyone confirm that there are NEC questions on the test?

Iron_Ben

I was not aware that the NEC was a subject that the PE test ever covered. It certainly was not in my day (OK, that was a while ago!). Can anyone confirm that there are NEC questions on the test?

I took it in 1991. Eight questions total. One of the eight was all NEC. It was largely on Article 430. I was not anticipating anything from the NEC and struggled with it.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I suspect that logging into the forum and logging in to Mike's home page are different, and require separate registrations.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer

Yes, it was covered when I took the test. But there were different electrical tests one could take - power engineering included the NEC questions. I think there were only 2 on my test. And they were both "look up" questions. You basically had to have the NEC with you, and you had to know which chapter and section to look in for the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.