Inspector want separate line for gas dryer

Status
Not open for further replies.

packersparky

Occupation
Inspector
Cuts to the chase for me....

as to the OP, I would point out the 210.23 EX to the AHJ.

anecdotally, I've had quite a few write ups for the main rule, ignoring the applicable EX

~RJ~

How exactly did you violate the rule in 210.23(A) in way that would be covered by the exception?

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician
How exactly did you violate the rule in 210.23(A) in way that would be covered by the exception?

Because 210.23 does not apply when the exception (210.11 C(2) )is followed Packer

The HB commentary further clears this up. If any of us where to (for ex) install fastened or unfastened utilization equipment on a 2nd floor lighting circuit , we'd be held to 210.23's 50/80% rule

A dedicated circuit ala 210.11C(2), as exlained in the EX to 210.23 absolves one from any of that

As to the OP's AHJ, he either understands this as 'code compliance' , or he needs to retire

~RJ~

jeff48356

BTW, I have seen many hookups of gas dryers with one circuit for the dryer and washer. Today we don't see many gas dryers

Gas dryers are common here in metro Detroit. Here, it makes NO sense to use an electric dryer. They cost 3 times as much to run, and the circuit takes up two spaces in the panel that could be used for something else. Whenever I wire a house, I never include an electric dryer circuit in the bid; I always leave it as an upgrade that costs extra. In fact, same with an electric range. I only install those upon request and agreement to the upgrade.

MAC702

Gas dryers and ranges and furnaces are the normal here, except for some areas that were built during a period when the PoCo bribed home builders to build entire neighborhoods without gas service. In those places only, it'll be all electric and heat pumps.

JFletcher

Gas dryers and ranges and furnaces are the normal here, except for some areas that were built during a period when the PoCo bribed home builders to build entire neighborhoods without gas service. In those places only, it'll be all electric and heat pumps.

Older neighborhoods, like the one I grew up in, did not initially have natural gas service. It was added sometime in the late 80s or early 90s, probably around the same time we went off of Sydnor well water to city water.

I still clearly remember the week that we replace the old oil furnace with a gas-fired HVAC... I was working evening shift and hardly got an ounce of sleep the entire week because they were hammering ductwork under the house the entire time.

Status
Not open for further replies.