Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by david luchini View Post
    Yes, it is subject to 422.11(E)(3)
    So why wont water heater manufacturers place maximum limit per 422.11(E)(3)?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hhsting View Post
      So why wont water heater manufacturers place maximum limit per 422.11(E)(3)?

Why should they?

Comment

Why should they?
        So if I have minimum bkr size of 25A i can use 100A not knowing I have maximum of 50A because manufacturer instruction does not say maximum breaker size.

Comment

So if I have minimum bkr size of 25A i can use 100A not knowing I have maximum of 50A because manufacturer instruction does not say maximum breaker size.
          Just follow the Code. It tells you what the min and Max breakers can be.

Comment

Just follow the Code. It tells you what the min and Max breakers can be.
            Ok but the question still remains manufacturer wont list in water heater manucturer instruction bkr size Article 422.11(E)(3) and why? Does it not apply? If it applies then why not list it?

Comment

Ok but the question still remains manufacturer wont list in water heater manucturer instruction bkr size Article 422.11(E)(3) and why? Does it not apply? If it applies then why not list it?

Nothing required the manufacturer to list a maximum breaker size, so why list it? It's just going to be the same thing the Code already tells you.

Comment

Originally posted by tw1156 View Post
                My experience has been a water heater this size would meet the 422.13 requirement and only be permitted to be sized at 125%. Nonetheless, it still calculates to the 25A OCPD, but you can see how it might change depending on what number you plug in.
                But there is a difference,

422.11(e) indicates "Not to exceed 150%".
                422.13 refers to 422.10 which indicates "Shall not be less than 125%".

JAP>

Comment

Working...
                X