NM in soffit in a hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockedby277v

I believe it is being treated as 334.10 (3) and not (1) or (2). We are running NM throughout the entire building and is 99% wood struture with very little steel structural. I believe I am good in the soffit.

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
No code book
Is the place of assembly (100 people) iirc still in the book, then mc in those areas.

kwired

Electron manager
I believe it is being treated as 334.10 (3) and not (1) or (2). We are running NM throughout the entire building and is 99% wood struture with very little steel structural. I believe I am good in the soffit.
Is it within at least a 15 minute finish rating?

As mentioned if in an assembly area then definitely no.

kwired

Electron manager
If the building has sprinklers it could be allowed non- fire rated construction happens a lot
I guess I can see that.

Not seeing it around where I live. Sprinklers are not going into existing structures as a general rule. New buildings or additions, yes.

Older school buildings you are seeing it some, often the sprinklers are somewhat a way out of dealing with other issues presented by fire officials.

With the schools there are older buildings they know they may be forced to change something someday and are working on possible future plans for remodeling, building new, or even in some small communities closing and merging with other community school systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.