Generator fire pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I have fire pump 4 pole ats controller breaker all in one at opposite side of main electrical room fed from normal side utility service and emergency side fed from generator which is separetley derived has ground rods as electrode.

Generator is about 40 feet from the main electrical room where their is building ground electrode system.

The fire pump Ats controller breaker all in one needs to be grounded with common ground electrode and has main bonding jumper.

How would this work with the generator side if 4 pole Ats controller breaker fire pump has ground normal side with main bonding jumper?

Last edited:

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I have fire pump 4 pole ats controller breaker all in one at opposite side of main electrical room fed from normal side utility service and emergency side fed from generator which is separetley derived has ground rods as electrode.

Generator is about 40 feet from the main electrical room where their is building ground electrode system.

The fire pump Ats controller breaker all in one needs to be grounded with common ground electrode and has main bonding jumper.

How would this work with the generator side if 4 pole Ats controller breaker fire pump has ground normal side with main bonding jumper?
Ok no takers. Basicaly would 4 pole be ok or need to switch to 3 poles Ats controller breaker for fire pump?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Ok no takers. Basicaly would 4 pole be ok or need to switch to 3 poles Ats controller breaker for fire pump?

The fire pump supplier is furnishing a 4 pole switch, end of your worries.?

Roger

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
From normal side you have grounded conductor incoming to bar #1 inside 4 pole ATS. In the ATS their is main bonding jumper normal side.

Now the emergency side would have bar #2 or same bar #1 into which equipment grounding conductor plug into? How does one wire 4 pole ATS emergency side and normal side?

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
Ok. So for service rated fire pump ats controller normal and emergency side can be wired either as 4 pole or 3 pole and generator can be separately derived or non separately derived depending on poles of ATS either way their should be no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.