No announcement yet.

Service Conductors in and out of building for ATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although the use of the Main that way wouldn't work out either.

JAP>

Comment

Originally posted by xguard View Post
      The current plan is to install a 1000 amp service rated transfer switch outside of this building. Dig up and intercept the existing conduits from the utility and extend them to the ATS. Then use the existing conduits to feed back into the building to the switchboard..
      That would be the best be.

[/QUOTE] I don't see a way to come off the load side of the fuses and disconnect in the switchboard to feed to the ATS. Maybe there is one. I don't have any drawings on the switchboard. I contacted square D and they don't have any either. It was installed in 1980 if that helps.[/QUOTE]

Think about how dangerous that setup would be.

If you uncoupled the main from the buss in the Switchboard and ran load side conductors out to the ATS and back, The main would work as a disconnect for the panel when on utility power, but, would not serve to disconnect the power to the Switchboard when the X-fr Switch was on generator power.

That's just a bad setup all the way around in my book.

JAP>

Comment

Originally posted by jap View Post
        That would be the best be.
        I don't see a way to come off the load side of the fuses and disconnect in the switchboard to feed to the ATS. Maybe there is one. I don't have any drawings on the switchboard. I contacted square D and they don't have any either. It was installed in 1980 if that helps.[/QUOTE]

Think about how dangerous that setup would be.

If you uncoupled the main from the buss in the Switchboard and ran load side conductors out to the ATS and back, The main would work as a disconnect for the panel when on utility power, but, would not serve to disconnect the power to the Switchboard when the X-fr Switch was on generator power.

That's just a bad setup all the way around in my book.

JAP>[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the feedback!!!

Comment

Working...
        X