Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrofelon
    replied
    If I were King, I would mandate larger junction compartment sizes in all sorts of stuff

Leave a comment:

• jap
    replied
    Originally posted by oldsparky52 View Post
    I've used many thousands of them over the years. Probably have a hundred or two thrown around in my out building, lol. I've been promising my wife for years I would clean it out. Now that I'm letting my license expire, I don't know why I'm holding on to this junk. I just gave away pipe wrenches, dies, power pony, tri-stand, oil bucket to a friend still working. (I used to do pipe work too).
    Dang,,, I wish you were my neighbor...

JAP>

Leave a comment:

• oldsparky52
    replied
    Originally posted by jap View Post
    I'm a stakeon fork type of guy myself.

JAP>
    I've used many thousands of them over the years. Probably have a hundred or two thrown around in my out building, lol. I've been promising my wife for years I would clean it out. Now that I'm letting my license expire, I don't know why I'm holding on to this junk. I just gave away pipe wrenches, dies, power pony, tri-stand, oil bucket to a friend still working. (I used to do pipe work too).

Leave a comment:

• jap
    replied
    Originally posted by oldsparky52 View Post
    In the past I had pretty good luck with these.

I'm a stakeon fork type of guy myself.

JAP>

Leave a comment:

• oldsparky52
    replied
    Originally posted by Little Bill View Post
    Some have spade connectors for the terminals. But if you use them you have to bend them over to get the cover back on. If you're not careful you will break them or worse, short them to either the cover or other terminal.
    In the past I had pretty good luck with these.

Leave a comment:

• jap
    replied
    Originally posted by Little Bill View Post
    Some have spade connectors for the terminals. But if you use them you have to bend them over to get the cover back on. If you're not careful you will break them or worse, short them to either the cover or other terminal.
    Exactly, and, I'm not a big fan of spade connectors to begin with.

It's like they jammed everything they could into the end bell and at the last minute decide, "oh yeah,,, we got to get the incoming power to this thing somehow also".

Oh well,,,,

JAP>

Leave a comment:

• Little Bill
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rcarroll
    replied
    Originally posted by tsparks1 View Post
    Even better is the plumber who place power connections 4” from the brick wall and hard plumbed so motor can’t be moved to connect power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. I had to use a mirror to wire one once.

Leave a comment:

• tsparks1
    replied
    Even better is the plumber who place power connections 4” from the brick wall and hard plumbed so motor can’t be moved to connect power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• oldsparky52
    replied
    Originally posted by jap View Post
    Anyone want to vent with me a little bit about the lack of space to make a good electrical connection on a pool pump motor?

It's like the jammed everything they could in the end bell and then at the last minute thought "oh yeah,,, we need a place to get the power to this thing also"...

JAP>
    If you post a pic, I'll attempt to ridicule the manufacturer with you.

Leave a comment:

• jap
    started a topic Pool Pump wiring compartment or lack there of

Pool Pump wiring compartment or lack there of

Anyone want to vent with me a little bit about the lack of space to make a good electrical connection on a pool pump motor?

It's like the jammed everything they could in the end bell and then at the last minute thought "oh yeah,,, we need a place to get the power to this thing also"...

JAP>
Working...
X