Pool Pump wiring compartment or lack there of

Status
Not open for further replies.

jap

Occupation
Electrician
Anyone want to vent with me a little bit about the lack of space to make a good electrical connection on a pool pump motor?

It's like the jammed everything they could in the end bell and then at the last minute thought "oh yeah,,, we need a place to get the power to this thing also"... :)

JAP>

oldsparky52

Anyone want to vent with me a little bit about the lack of space to make a good electrical connection on a pool pump motor?

It's like the jammed everything they could in the end bell and then at the last minute thought "oh yeah,,, we need a place to get the power to this thing also"... :)

JAP>

If you post a pic, I'll attempt to ridicule the manufacturer with you. :)

tsparks1

Even better is the plumber who place power connections 4” from the brick wall and hard plumbed so motor can’t be moved to connect power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Some have spade connectors for the terminals. But if you use them you have to bend them over to get the cover back on. If you're not careful you will break them or worse, short them to either the cover or other terminal.

jap

Occupation
Electrician
Some have spade connectors for the terminals. But if you use them you have to bend them over to get the cover back on. If you're not careful you will break them or worse, short them to either the cover or other terminal.

Exactly, and, I'm not a big fan of spade connectors to begin with.

It's like they jammed everything they could into the end bell and at the last minute decide, "oh yeah,,, we got to get the incoming power to this thing somehow also".

Oh well,,,,

JAP>

oldsparky52

In the past I had pretty good luck with these.

31dOY2W2eWL._SX425_.jpg

oldsparky52

I'm a stakeon fork type of guy myself.

JAP>

I've used many thousands of them over the years. Probably have a hundred or two thrown around in my out building, lol. I've been promising my wife for years I would clean it out. Now that I'm letting my license expire, I don't know why I'm holding on to this junk. I just gave away pipe wrenches, dies, power pony, tri-stand, oil bucket to a friend still working. (I used to do pipe work too).

jap

Occupation
Electrician
I've used many thousands of them over the years. Probably have a hundred or two thrown around in my out building, lol. I've been promising my wife for years I would clean it out. Now that I'm letting my license expire, I don't know why I'm holding on to this junk. I just gave away pipe wrenches, dies, power pony, tri-stand, oil bucket to a friend still working. (I used to do pipe work too).

Dang,,, I wish you were my neighbor... :)

JAP>

Status
Not open for further replies.