Sizing service based on historical demand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbrooke View Post

I wish there was a way you could get smaller services even for new builds. The reduced cost, space and labor are highly attractive.
    Me too. I don't get to the obsession with all this extra capacity and load calcs. It should be design issue. Seens like when jurisdictions have plan review requirements, it's mostly about load calcs. Honestly I don't see overloads as that big a deal from a safety standpoint.
    Ethan Brush - East West Electric. NY, WA. MA

"You can't generalize"

Comment

Originally posted by electrofelon View Post
      Me too. I don't get to the obsession with all this extra capacity and load calcs. It should be design issue. Seens like when jurisdictions have plan review requirements, it's mostly about load calcs. Honestly I don't see overloads as that big a deal from a safety standpoint.
      Neither do I, as long as the service conductors are protected via 240.4 there is no hazard.

Does the inspector or county care if the service is not sized to load calcs?

Comment

Originally posted by mbrooke View Post
        Neither do I, as long as the service conductors are protected via 240.4 there is no hazard.

Does the inspector or county care if the service is not sized to load calcs?
        I have never been asked for calcs for resi. Larger commercial services usually. Here in Seattle basically need plan review for 400 Amps and over and they want panel schedules with service and feeder calcs. They also look at AIC ratings of all equipment.
        Ethan Brush - East West Electric. NY, WA. MA

"You can't generalize"

Comment

Originally posted by electrofelon View Post
          I have never been asked for calcs for resi. Larger commercial services usually. Here in Seattle basically need plan review for 400 Amps and over and they want panel schedules with service and feeder calcs. They also look at AIC ratings of all equipment.
          Thats it, I'm putting in a 350 amp service on everything now!

Comment

Working...
          X