Not sure about the neutrals

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonype

New one for me... pool panel all 2-pole breakers have lugs for neutrals; however none are connected. Neutral conductors connect somewhere behind the breakers(?) and then sort of hodgepodge to the terminal bar. I am looking for an explanation on where the neutrals are actually connected(?).

Also, confusing on the colors of the conductors. Orange and blue?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCF9788.jpg
    DSCF9788.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 0

jap

Occupation
Electrician
Looks like they're all 2p GFI Breakers with the Neutral pigtails from the beakers connected to the neutral bar for the electronics yet all of the loads are strictly 240v with no neutral connection needed.

JAP>

jap

Occupation
Electrician
If that's the case it's good to go, Let it rock an roll....

JAP>

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
The hots can be any color except white, grey or green. While black and red are commonly used in a split phase panel, they are by no means required.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
A dp gfci needs a neutral for the breaker to function. If the load doesn't have a neutral then the terminal is left with no conductor. If the circuit needs a neutral then you would hook it to the breaker

david

thinking this is a sub panel not a service panel, and in that case i would remove the green bonding screw so that someone doesn't come along and tighten it down

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
That is some crappy looking work for a new panel. Instead of installing those two breakers on the left they should have just installed them on the right to avoid "stretching" the neutral pigtails like that. As mentioned the conductor colors are fine.

Knuckle Dragger

Master Electrician Electrical Contractor 01752
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
That is some crappy looking work for a new panel. Instead of installing those two breakers on the left they should have just installed them on the right to avoid "stretching" the neutral pigtails like that. As mentioned the conductor colors are fine.
I would have installed all GFCI CB's on the right as well, extend the neutrals if necessary to remake right angles.
I don't know about hack, probably too lazy to get some thwn from the truck.

jap

Occupation
Electrician
Other than needing a little straightening up, this panel is fine.

And there's no need to worry about this panel somehow magically rebounding itself.

At least you can still find the bonding screw if it were ever needed.

Jap>

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Other than needing a little straightening up, this panel is fine.

And there's no need to worry about this panel somehow magically rebounding itself.

At least you can still find the bonding screw if it were ever needed.

Jap>

We've had a "rash" of people breaking in and tightening up bond screws lately!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.