Kitchen counter pop-up receptacles

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Thanks for all your responses on this topic. I'm not sure what my colleague has done with this situation but I just came up with another question. With respect to the spacing of receptacles, if you use these pop-ups how do you adequately space these on the counter and exactly where do you locate them on the counter top and still be Code compliant ?

Spacing them in a c'top depends a lot on what's under the c'top. Where to cabinets are butted up together, if there's a drawer / cutting board in the top of the cabinet....

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Spacing them in a c'top depends a lot on what's under the c'top. Where to cabinets are butted up together, if there's a drawer / cutting board in the top of the cabinet....
Thanks. That's why I asked this question. I was looking for suggestions from anyone who has successfully used these (and by successful I mean passed inspection).;)

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
With respect to the spacing of receptacles, if you use these pop-ups how do you adequately space these on the counter and exactly where do you locate them on the counter top and still be Code compliant ?
I'd look at it like using a floor receptacle to conform with wall-receptacle spacing requirements. Near wall line or plane (normal required location), left-right distances applied as if in wall, etc.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician

I expect that they have not revised their information since the 2017 came out. The requirement for the countertop listing requires that the device pass a liquid spill test in both the up and seated conditions. It is interesting that when I search the UL file number shown on that site, I find that file number is assigned to Hubbell. That product does not show up in the UL database, even though the website says it is listed.

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
I expect that they have not revised their information since the 2017 came out. The requirement for the countertop listing requires that the device pass a liquid spill test in both the up and seated conditions. It is interesting that when I search the UL file number shown on that site, I find that file number is assigned to Hubbell. That product does not show up in the UL database, even though the website says it is listed.

I'm sure the ants will take care of anything that leaks below the counter top! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.