AC Panel Working Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjd12

I need to install a 200 amp panel in a short (6 ft) basement. There is a heating duct attached to the ceiling directly in front of the where the panel will go. It does not encroach on the dedicated equipment space, but it definitely cramps the working space somewhat. A tall person may have to stoop a bit to access the panel.

I can't see this as a code violation, since the headroom requirement is optional for less than 200 amp services, but I thought I would get a second opinion.

Thoughts?

Gary11734

I need to install a 200 amp panel in a short (6 ft) basement. There is a heating duct attached to the ceiling directly in front of the where the panel will go. It does not encroach on the dedicated equipment space, but it definitely cramps the working space somewhat. A tall person may have to stoop a bit to access the panel.

I can't see this as a code violation, since the headroom requirement is optional for less than 200 amp services, but I thought I would get a second opinion.

Thoughts?

A little cramped? Let me check the NEC on that! lol

I had an apprentice get me break. I started eating it, only to hear my teeth grinding to what I thought was sand. I asked, did you drop my Hamburger in the dirt? He said, well, SORTA! lol

This kinda reminds me of that!

Just let the inspector know,; It's close to code! lol

Having a little fun tonight.....

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.