Res. kitchen appl. & rec on same ckt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
For my question, the improper installation is existing. My concern is the panel labeling.
How many times before have you used your Sharpie to mark a breaker "All Plugs & Lights".

What's wrong with your Sharpie now?

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
How many times before have you used your Sharpie to mark a breaker "All Plugs & Lights".

What's wrong with your Sharpie now?

Just write it as you found it, if called out by the inspector, can you run a new HR? Let the customer know beforehand and price it for I'm here now and this much if it fails; Mr. Customer can roll the dice or fix it now.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I was told the home runs were run while the ceiling was open, so it's doubtful.

I could use "kitchen appliances" on the label. The fridge is on another circuit.

kwired

Electron manager
If someone already mentioned this I missed it, some sort of touched on it but not all that clearly.

210.52(C):

In the kitchen, pantry, breakfast room, dining room, or similar area of a dwelling unit, the two or more 20-ampere small-appliance branch circuits required by 210.11(C)(1) shall serve all wall and floor receptacle outlets covered by 210.52(A), all countertop outlets covered by 210.52(C), and receptacle outlets for refrigeration equipment.

Typical fastened in place dishwasher or disposal is not a required outlet by 210.52 (A) or (C), and therefore is not a part of the SABC's.

A portable dishwasher certainly could plug into a SABC receptacle though.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Typical fastened in place dishwasher or disposal is not a required outlet by 210.52 (A) or (C), and therefore is not a part of the SABC's.

A portable dishwasher certainly could plug into a SABC receptacle though.
What if both dishwasher and disposer were equipped with plugs and plugged into receptacles?

kwired

Electron manager
What if both dishwasher and disposer were equipped with plugs and plugged into receptacles?
Said receptacles need to be in the space occupied by the appliance or in adjacent space. Most cases receptalce(s) are under the sink - a place not covered by 210.52 (A) or (C), therefore not a SABC outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.