Replacing ground rod due to equipment relocation. Removal of old grounding rods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hornetd

Occupation
Journeyman Electrician, Retired
Carriage returns...:D I haven’t heard that in years! Your showing your age...:)

Just try getting someone to tell you what CC: means. To most of today's working folk carbon paper is a complete mystery.

--
Tom Horne

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
Just try getting someone to tell you what CC: means. To most of today's working folk carbon paper is a complete mystery.

--
Tom Horne

It's still used in sewing circles and other crafts where you have to copy a pattern onto something. I think it comes in colors other than black!

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician

--
Tom Horne

WAY off topic here...
Carbon paper..That brought memories of the old ditto machines in school(some call them mimeograph) we would smell when they came off the drum.
Go through the trash, find the original test master that was put on the drum to make the copies, you knew you were gonna ace that test!! :p

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
WAY off topic here...
Carbon paper..That brought memories of the old ditto machines in school(some call them mimeograph) we would smell when they came off the drum.
Go through the trash, find the original test master that was put on the drum to make the copies, you knew you were gonna ace that test!! :p

A lot of people do not realize the difference between the spirit duplicator (ditto) machine which uses solid ink transferred to a master and dissolved off into the paper (strictly limited number of copies, getting paler as you go) and the mimeograph machine.
The mimeo machine takes liquid ink from the drum and forces it through letter shapes cut into a master. This produced a far greater number of copies, could be stored for later reuse, and eventually wore out making the letters blurry.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
A lot of people do not realize the difference between the spirit duplicator (ditto) machine which uses solid ink transferred to a master and dissolved off into the paper (strictly limited number of copies, getting paler as you go) and the mimeograph machine.
The mimeo machine forces liquid ink from the drum and forces it through letter shapes cut into a master. This produced a far greater number of copies, could be stored for later use, and eventually wore out making the letters blurry.

hm. someone is being time stamped.

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
The mimeo machine takes liquid ink from the drum and forces it through letter shapes cut into a master. This produced a far greater number of copies, could be stored for later reuse, and eventually wore out making the letters blurry.

My parents were both school teachers. Dad had my sister and me type up the mimeograph stencils for his tests. We were students in the same school where he taught, and were sworn to secrecy on pain of, well, not quite death!

Status
Not open for further replies.