Is This a Code question or a Demo question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary11734

I was on a jobsite today and the General forward this from another project he's on.

This should make Mike Holt's, :"Electrical that's probably not approved"

Needless to say, the threshold inspector made the contractor remove all of it!

Check out the Post Tension cables and how they secured to them!

IMG_2144Small.jpg

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
I just threw up.
Everyone involved should be fired and sent to the food service industry.

Gary11734

Where's the Ragu, parmesan cheese and garlic bread....? :lol:

I've been designing a typical deck for the various systems on a Hotel. You need two inch spacing between conduits , and 2" min. away from the post tension cables.

I was worried what my design looked like since the Electric room is small. After seeing this, I feel I might better... You will notice, I can only cross another conduit one time before it will not be approved

In the end, the drawing will have to go to a structural engineer to be approved before we can install. How these guys almost got away with this is incredible. I'm wondering if they could get the wire in based on all the bends ...

TemplatePower004thFloor_08_09_2019 Model (12).jpg

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
I was on a jobsite today and the General forward this from another project he's on.

This should make Mike Holt's, :"Electrical that's probably not approved"

Needless to say, the threshold inspector made the contractor remove all of it!

Check out the Post Tension cables and how they secured to them!

View attachment 23547

Were they getting ready to pour concrete over the whole mess?

480sparky

I've been designing a typical deck for the various systems on a Hotel. You need two inch spacing between conduits , and 2" min. away from the post tension cables.

I was worried what my design looked like since the Electric room is small. After seeing this, I feel I might better... You will notice, I can only cross another conduit one time before it will not be approved

In the end, the drawing will have to go to a structural engineer to be approved before we can install. How these guys almost got away with this is incredible. I'm wondering if they could get the wire in based on all the bends ...

View attachment 23550

I remember seeing the Excalibur go up in Vegas. Every floor was a mess of smurf tube. All different colors far various systems (elec, fire, comm, security etc). Looked like a ENT factory was picked up, turned upside-down, and vomited all over the job site. They didn't take the time to thread it under anything else... just drape it over whatever happened to be there. I'd be willing to bet many runs had 500° or more of bends.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
The guy that sent this to me said the threshold inspector came on the deck and stopped the pour. You can see they already had the concrete pumper on the deck...

They were not getting ready to pour, not with all those wood reals on the deck. Never mind the electrical inspection, no concrete foreman would start a pour with all that trash in the way.

Gary11734

They were not getting ready to pour, not with all those wood reals on the deck. Never mind the electrical inspection, no concrete foreman would start a pour with all that trash in the way.

Ever been on a deck before? I have. You don't pour the entire floor in seconds. I guarantee the guy couldn't get the crane to get the crap off the deck. So, move ahead of the pour and get it down to the floor below as the pour doesnt stop... Worked on those decks too long not to remember the drill.

I worked on 29 story buildings for five years. Never saw a electrical inspector make it to the deck. And this was Dade county , Florida (Miami) . Not po dunk USA. The old adage was, if you don't get it in the slab, it's your problem. I guess they assumed I was putting in EMT. No smurf in those days.

That concrete pumper cost money. If it's up there, the general is ready to pour. He assumes he's already passed inspection. That is how he makes his draws... They pour concrete whether your ready or not.

Who knows how close it was. It obvious, someone thought they were going to get away with this. I'm sure it happens quite often based on what your seeing and the Electrical contractor didn't have a clue it's all wrong. If he did, makes it worse...

What was the time it took to remove this crap? The general is losing money and the electrical contractor is now the head of the critical path. If I was the owner, I would x ray the slabs below and make the general tear the floors out. I bet it looks exactly like this mess if this floor is higher than 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.