Outlets Per Breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

physis

Re: Outlets Per Breaker

No kidding. :D

I try not to use jargon but I'm sure I still do sometimes without even thinking about it.

physis

Not to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

My dictionary:

jar٠gon 4.The specialized vocabulary and idioms of those in the same work, way of life, etc.

allenwayne

Didn`t 02 code allow receptacles that are mounted under cabinets but within 20 ins. of countertop to be considered as serving countertops 210 52 B 5,99 cycle limited it to 18 ins.A receptacle in a cabinet above a stove for a micro (is the way we have done it for along time requires no gfci protection but we dedicate that circuit.Not required but saves time on rough in and call backs ;)

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Originally posted by allenwayne:
Didn`t 02 code allow receptacles that are mounted under cabinets but within 20 ins. of countertop to be considered as serving countertops
Yes. :)

Edit: But within 12 in. of countertop. ;)

[ May 16, 2005, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: georgestolz ]

allenwayne

George are you talking about receps mounted under a flat topped counter top ? 210 52 B 5 exception ??? then 12 in comes into play what I mean wasn`t 18 from counter top used in 99 and changed in 02 to 20 ins above countertop.
I did a custom where H/O`R didn`t want to see a back splash receptacle on his mirrored back splash wall so we stubbed at 54 in all required gfci receps and installed wiremold boves under the upper cabinet on trim i questioned this instak but ahj said it was ok

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Sorry Allen, I misunderstood. I was thinking you were saying (12") below the countertop. Had the wrong "cabinet" in my head.

Yes, 20" above the countertop is considered serving the counter sapce. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.