Commercial kitchen GFCI, NEC 2017 210.8(B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerryB

Is the serving area with a counter for your tray and food in warmers, a 240 volt coffee machine and servers giving you food part of this GFCI requirement. This area is separate from the dining hall. It is a small college.

GerryB

I agree, so the plug in coffee pot, GFCI. The warmers are under the counter and plug in. Originally they were supposed to be hard wired but came with cords. If hard wired I am thinking they may not be required to be GFCI protected since the code section says "receptacles" not "outlets". any one agree? Thanks

kwired

Electron manager
I agree, so the plug in coffee pot, GFCI. The warmers are under the counter and plug in. Originally they were supposed to be hard wired but came with cords. If hard wired I am thinking they may not be required to be GFCI protected since the code section says "receptacles" not "outlets". any one agree? Thanks

other than boat hoists and dweling unit dishwashers the rest of 210.8 only applies to receptacle outlets. GFCI protection to non receptacle supplied equipment would have to come from articles specific to that equipment or from instructions included with the listing.

Status
Not open for further replies.