Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commercial kitchen GFCI, NEC 2017 210.8(B)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commercial kitchen GFCI, NEC 2017 210.8(B)

Is the serving area with a counter for your tray and food in warmers, a 240 volt coffee machine and servers giving you food part of this GFCI requirement. This area is separate from the dining hall. It is a small college.

It sounds like part of the kitchen to me, so I would say yes.

Comment

I agree, so the plug in coffee pot, GFCI. The warmers are under the counter and plug in. Originally they were supposed to be hard wired but came with cords. If hard wired I am thinking they may not be required to be GFCI protected since the code section says "receptacles" not "outlets". any one agree? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GerryB View Post
        I agree, so the plug in coffee pot, GFCI. The warmers are under the counter and plug in. Originally they were supposed to be hard wired but came with cords. If hard wired I am thinking they may not be required to be GFCI protected since the code section says "receptacles" not "outlets". any one agree? Thanks
        other than boat hoists and dweling unit dishwashers the rest of 210.8 only applies to receptacle outlets. GFCI protection to non receptacle supplied equipment would have to come from articles specific to that equipment or from instructions included with the listing.
        I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Comment

Working...
        X