NM stapled beside furring strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryFine View Post
    Colorado Jims are easier to screw on and fasten than stapling to the edge of a furring strip anyway.
    That's what I say.

-Hal

Comment

Originally posted by Coppersmith View Post
      My main complaint was the inspector was forcing me to fix existing work.
      Yeah, that's hard, . . . I imagine this wasn't revealed to you until after your bid was fixed, and then the wall covering was removed.

In my area, they say I have to correct "obvious Code violations" if they are within the scope of my work.

The requirement that is today's 300,4(D) is decades old . . . do you think the materials of the old installation clearly indicate they were inspected, or that they were installed before the Code requirement existed?
      Another Al in Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by al hildenbrand View Post

Yeah, that's hard, . . . I imagine this wasn't revealed to you until after your bid was fixed, and then the wall covering was removed.

In my area, they say I have to correct "obvious Code violations" if they are within the scope of my work.

The requirement that is today's 300,4(D) is decades old . . . do you think the materials of the old installation clearly indicate they were inspected, or that they were installed before the Code requirement existed?
        Nothing I see in this house leads me to believe it wasn't inspected when it was built. I have seen NM stapled to the sides of furring in many existing houses. Must be the inspectors allowed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Coppersmith View Post
          Nothing I see in this house leads me to believe it wasn't inspected when it was built. I have seen NM stapled to the sides of furring in many existing houses. Must be the inspectors allowed it.
          If you have seen so much, what does the local head of the Authority Having Jurisdiction have to say. If any one would know of the historic variations for your job's jurisdiction, that's the person to talk to.

Another Al in Minnesota

Comment

Working...
          X