Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walkin cooler evaporator disco

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I usually use a regular W/P switch and cover on a W/P box.
    Master Electrician
    Electrical Contractor
    Richmond, VA

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by LarryFine View Post
      I usually use a regular W/P switch and cover on a W/P box.
      Dont follow what is W/P nema rating? W/P switch as in Nema 3x or higher?

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by hhsting View Post

        Dont follow what is W/P nema rating? W/P switch as in Nema 3x or higher?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	TC100S-TAM-0-2-LargeImage.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	2540794
        Master Electrician
        Electrical Contractor
        Richmond, VA

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by LarryFine View Post

          Click image for larger version

Name:	TC100S-TAM-0-2-LargeImage.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	2540794
          I guess that would be ok for 120V single pole 20A switch but what about its single pole 120V 30A or 208V, 30A single pole switch?

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by hhsting View Post

            I guess that would be ok for 120V single pole 20A switch but what about its single pole 120V 30A or 208V, 30A single pole switch?
            https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-...1-2W/301447120

            https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-...-2WS/100356941
            Master Electrician
            Electrical Contractor
            Richmond, VA

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by hhsting View Post

              No takers? I am pretty sure NEC 2014 Article 440 would be used for condensing unit 440.14 says disconnect can be inside refrigration equipment. On the other hand 430 just says disconnecting means can be within sight of motors does not mention has to be in cooler evaporators. For evaporators I am not sure which article would apply 440 or 430?
              If the indoor evaporator unit is separately powered from the outdoor condensing unit (that utilizes a hermetic compressor) then 440 does not apply to the indoor unit. See 440.1. The indoor unit would utilize 422 first, which may refer you to 430 for some things.

              If the blower motor on this unit is 1/8 HP or less the branch circuit device can be the disconnecting means and doesn't need to be within sight of the unit. 422.31
              I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

              Comment

              Working...
              X