I am tapping out on understanding tapping taps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

winnie

Occupation
Electric motor research
This is good information. Thank you! We can probably leave room in the enclosure that host the Power Distribution Blocks and add fuses if they require (within 10 feet of the transformer).

Please keep in mind that I was not making a definitive statement on what you _can_ do. I was making a bunch of assumptions (which I asked you to confirm) and then suggested that if the assumptions were correct that you might have a case for a variation of the rules to make to your local AHJ.

-Jon

cottora

Please keep in mind that I was not making a definitive statement on what you _can_ do. I was making a bunch of assumptions (which I asked you to confirm) and then suggested that if the assumptions were correct that you might have a case for a variation of the rules to make to your local AHJ.

-Jon

Understand.

It is mind-boggling to someone that doesn't do this for a living (like myself) that if we allow the Utility to own the transformer it is ok, but if we buy that same transformer then we have a new set of rules that can significantly increase cost (we are a small business, not a big chemical plant). The reality is that the install is in rural TX so there is a good chance the rules will be relaxed, that said, it is one thing to damage a transformer and a totally different thing to injure an employee (or myself).

Status
Not open for further replies.